This Is Why!

"I tell you the truth, whatever you do for the least of these, you do for me." Matthew 25:40

Saturday, August 21, 2010

Sacrifices






Today was a very difficult day for me...but also a day of hope. Today I dropped my wedding ring off at the jewelry store where Kelly bought it...in hopes of selling it to raise money for our adoption.
A while back I was feeling really discouraged about where the money for our adoption would come from and I was praying that God would just show us a way to be able to do this if this was His will. All of a sudden the idea of selling my ring came into my head. Believe me...that had to be God...because there is no way I would have come up w/ that one on my own. I love my ring...I remember the exact moment and the exact words Kelly said to me as he got down on his knee to propose. But you know what...that memory will never leave my mind...ring or no ring. I use to be that girl that cared about what a ring looked like...was it big enough or pretty enough...but the day I met Kelly that pretty much went out the window. All I knew was that I wanted to be married to Kelly and he could have given me a Ring Pop and I would have been just as thrilled. I know how strong and wonderful my marriage is and I don't need a diamond on my finger to prove it. Yes I will be very sad if someone buys my ring but when I look at Kelly and my family I just know that a ring has nothing to do with my happiness. One day when I look into my child's eyes when I go to meet them in that orphanage I will know that it was all worth it.