This Is Why!

"I tell you the truth, whatever you do for the least of these, you do for me." Matthew 25:40

Thursday, August 19, 2010

Countdown to Kindergarten!





The past couple of days I have spent with Asa...getting him (well really me) prepared for starting Kindergarten. Since Iris went back on Wednesday that has given us a couple of days alone to hang out. I remember when Asa was born and being so tiny...just 5lbs...and now he looks so big...heading off to school. Time flies so much faster with the second one...you don't know where all the time goes!
I asked Asa what he wanted to do with me before starting school and the only thing he requested was to go to McDonald's for lunch...we've done this once a week since he was probably 2 years old...so of course on Wednesday that's what we did. Then off to Walmart to buy school supplies. Watching Asa help pick out all of his supplies was really sweet...he is so eager to start school! Thursday was our last day together. All day I kept thinking about all of the time I have had with him...I wouldn't trade it for anything in this world. I have been very blessed to be able to stay home and raise my children and I thank the Lord for that! Today we went to the gym and ate lunch together at home and he took his last nap with his stuffed lamb "mat-mat"-it's very sad to me! I have never been at home without one of my children and now they will both be gone five days a week...we will see how I handle it! I love you Asa...you are the sweetest and most genuine little boy...I am so blessed to be your mommy...I know you will have an awesome year in kindergarten!