This Is Why!

"I tell you the truth, whatever you do for the least of these, you do for me." Matthew 25:40

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Summer Break-At Last!






Today was the first day of Summer Break and I just loved it! I enjoy being at home with the kids and just doing whatever we want...if we want to wear PJ's all day...we can! When the kids were younger and weren't in school I would sign them up for camps during the summer...but now that they are in school more I try not to plan anything during their summer break...it definitely makes the summer seem longer! Last year was the first summer we did "nothing" and it was the best summer ever! Of course hanging out with a 5 and 7 year old all day is sure to have some great adventures! Once a week I do surprise them with a "Fun Day" and I plan something for us to go do...they really love it...I don't tell them what we're doing until we get there! They enjoy trying to guess each week what I have planned. I don't really plan anything elaborate...but to them it's just fun to hang out together and play as hard as possible! I like for my kids to enjoy the simple things so even if it's a trip to a park and having a picnic together...they think it's the "greatest" thing. I will post each week what we do for our fun day! I can't wait! It makes me feel like a kid again!

Hope everyone has a GREAT summer!