This Is Why!

"I tell you the truth, whatever you do for the least of these, you do for me." Matthew 25:40

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Words Can't Express!



Well today is the 2nd most important day of my life...first being the day I was saved and third being when I gave birth to my children. On this day 9 years ago Kelly and I were married and at times it seems like it was only yesterday. There aren't any words that could do justice to how I feel about Kelly and our marriage. Some of you know the whole story of how we met and I just know without a doubt that God put us together. When I first saw Kelly walk into that restaurant while I was out having dinner with a friend I just knew he was for me...and since our first date we haven't been apart. I had been in so many bad relationships before Kelly and at that point in my life I had recently gotten saved and I had been praying that God would just show me His will for my life. I never prayed for a man in my life like I had done in the past...I just began to pray that if God had a man for me that He would lead me to that man or if I was suppose to remain single that He would show me His plan for my life. Once I started praying like that...that's when Kelly walked into my life. That first night I saw him it was like he had a spotlight shining on him and a big bow on top of his head because I just knew he was for me and he was one of the greatest gifts God has ever given me. I use to wonder why God let me go through so many bad relationships and heartache...I use to have so many regrets...but now looking back...every bit of that was worth it to get to Kelly. I would never have appreciated Kelly and how wonderful he is if I hadn't gone through those difficult relationships. People say that marriage is hard and it takes work..but I don't know that I agree. Life is hard and there are struggles that everyone faces...married or not...but I believe if you are married to who God intended for you to marry then it's easy. In the ten years that Kelly and I have been together Kelly has never once disrespected me or done anything to hurt my feelings. He has shown nothing but love and respect to me and that makes me be a better wife to him and therefore we have no issues. When we face struggles in life we do it together and we have God at the center of our marriage and He will pull us through anything. When I married Kelly I knew he was a great person...but over the years I have seen him be a wonderful husband to me and an awesome father to our children...and now he is showing me that he wants to follow the Lords plan for us to adopt..all of those things just makes me love him more.

God blessed us with each other and if we don't put our marriage before everything else it will fall apart. So many people put their careers or their children before their spouses..that's when their family falls apart. If you don't take care of your relationship with your spouse first...your family will never make it! Kelly and I always take time to go on dates alone and atleast once a year we try to go on a vacation alone. Couples need time together...to be able to make their marriage stronger and to remember why they fell in love. I still get butterflies when I know I am about to see Kelly or if I'm waiting for his phone call at lunch every day. We want our children to see how wonderful a marriage can be. Iris and Asa need to see how a husband and wife are suppose to treat each other. Not a day goes by that Kelly doesn't kiss me before he leaves for work and as soon as he walks in the house from work. I know at times I can be a little moody or fussy(it's part of being a female)...but what I love about Kelly is that he brings out the best in me. If there is ever a time when I feel like I just want to whine or complain that my day isn't going as well as planned...he just gives me a big hug and says "baby, I love you"...and then I can't help but laugh. He doesn't give me the chance to fuss...where in the past I've been around people who would love to just fuel the fire.

I will never understand why I was blessed with Kelly for my husband...I know I don't deserve him...but I do thank God everyday that I have him. I never knew a man like him existed...he is so much more than I could have ever dreamed of!
I wish I could tell Kelly what he means to me...I just can't come up with words that could truly express it...I am just so thankful that God sent me this great gift...I couldn't be more blessed!