This Is Why!

"I tell you the truth, whatever you do for the least of these, you do for me." Matthew 25:40

Friday, June 11, 2010

Great Week at VBS!
























































This week we had Vacation Bible School at our church and it was such a fun time! I loved going to VBS when I was a kid and I am so glad my children are able to go to the same church where I attended. Kelly didn't get the opportunity to go when he was growing up so last year and this year while we have volunteered he has gotten to see how wonderful it is. This year I helped with the 3 year olds and I just love how sweet and innocent they are at that age. Watching them learn bible stories and pray and sing "Jesus Loves Me" just makes the whole week worth while. It's sad to see the children who come who don't even know about God or the bible...it's hard to imagine growing up in a home without that. I pray that the kids will always remember what they learned at VBS and keep that with them as they grow up. You never know when VBS might lead a child to the Lord and change their lives forever!

**Hopefully next year Iris and Asa will have a new brother or sister to take to VBS with them! I can't help but think about what our child is doing in Ethiopia and the things they could be doing with us here. It gets frustrating some days but I do know it's going to happen in His perfect timing!!