This Is Why!

"I tell you the truth, whatever you do for the least of these, you do for me." Matthew 25:40

Friday, May 7, 2010

Prayers for Melanie

Yesterday I went into The Frame Shop...which is in downtown Dalton...usually I am greeted by the owner Pam Joyner and her daughter Melanie Bishop...but this time my visit to the store was very different. Pam told me that Melanie...who is 36 yrs. old...had suffered two strokes since February. I just couldn't believe it...my heart just ached so badly for her and her family. I could see the sadness in Mrs. Joyner's face when she told me about her daughter. Melanie has high blood pressure and had stopped taking her medicine w/o telling anyone and that is when she had the strokes. I can't stop thinking about what she must be going through...and not just her but her husband, parents, and sister. Life can change in just the blink of an eye...and things can happen that can effect us forever. Please pray for this family...that Melanie will recover...in spite of what the doctors say...because we all know He is the one really in control. Also, if you know of someone with high blood pressure...please encourage them to take care of themselves and take their medicines. What has happened to Melanie is devastating, but we have to remember that God does allow these things to happen in our lives for a reason and what she is going through may help to save others.