This Is Why!

"I tell you the truth, whatever you do for the least of these, you do for me." Matthew 25:40

Sunday, May 8, 2011

So Blessed To Be a "MAMA"!!!
















































I love Mother's Day! We don't do store bought gifts on Mother's Day...Kelly and the kids always wash my car..which I love...and I get to enjoy all the little gifts and cards the kids have made for me at school and church. Just spending the day at home with my family is my favorite thing to do!


The preacher gave a great sermon at church today. It's always nice to hear about what the Bible says about being a mother. Today he talked about our responsibilities to our children. Not only do we need to feed and clothe our children and supply their basic needs...it is also our responsibility to lead them to Christ. He even said that he felt like more moms in our church had led their children to be saved than all of his sermons put together. Being a mom is the hardest job in the world...but when you think about the responsibility of leading them to know Jesus....there is no harder or more important job! After having my kids I realized very quickly that "Mama" is who they want more than anyone and sometimes "Mama" is the only one who can make things better or make them feel safe and happy. Don't get me wrong my kids love their Daddy...but there will always be that bond a mother has to her children. The preacher talked about how we need to teach our children to know that the One they can always depend on in the good and bad in life is God. Friends and family might not always be there so they need to know that there is someone who they can count on at all times...He will never leave you. There is nothing that can't be comforted by Jesus.


I grew up in church but that wasn't enough to save me. I truly believe that going to church without having Christ in all other areas of your life just won't work. And also having God is all areas of your life but no church doesn't work either. We need that fellowship with a church family so that we can grow and learn with others...God wants that. I can't tell you what having a loving church family has done to change my life. He also doesn't want us to sit in church every time the doors are open and then go out into our daily lives without taking Him with us. Kelly and I try so hard to pray with Iris and Asa as much as possible and teach them God's word when we can...we just want to bring God into every situation...even the simple things we experience every day. We want them to know that having a close relationship with God is just a part of life.


I may not always be around when my kids need me so I want them to know that God will listen and take care of them no matter what. If there is anything I want to accomplish as a mother it would be to lead my children to Christ...it is my responsibility!



The only sad part about today is that I did believe I would have become a mother for the third time before this Mother's Day...I can't wait until we have our adopted child here so I can be a mother to them!


Happy Mother's Day to all the wonderful moms out there!