This Is Why!

"I tell you the truth, whatever you do for the least of these, you do for me." Matthew 25:40

Monday, December 20, 2010

Christmas Surprises!






















































































































Friday the kids had their last day of school before Christmas Break. We didn't tell the kids but we planned a trip to Gatlinburg. First we went to their parties at school and then we were on the road. Kelly's mom went with us so that was a nice surprise for the kids! We had a great time! We went ice skating and shopping and had some really good food!!! On Saturday we went to a magic show. This was a first for the kids and to be honest I was a little weary about how good it would be...some of the shows in Pigeon Forge are kind of cheesy! Anyway, it was so GREAT! We were very surprised at how good the show was...Kelly's mom loved it too! We were shocked at everything they did...we tried our hardest to figure out how they did the tricks but we just couldn't! The biggest surprise was toward the end of the show the magician told about how magic isn't real...it's only an illusion...the only "real" miracles come from God above. Kelly and I couldn't believe the great story he told about Jesus and faith. All we expected were some magic tricks but we actually got to hear a great lesson with our kids! Oh, and at the end of the show he made it snow on the audience...as Iris said "it was magical!" On Sunday we went to the Christmas Dixie Stampede. Once again we were pleasantly surprised with another great show. The live nativity scene during the show was so beautiful...it actually made you feel like you were there when it all happened. This year has been the most emotional Christmas for me. Going through this adoption over the past year and really growing closer to the Lord...every time I see a nativity scene or hear a song about Jesus' birth I can't help but cry. For some reason I just feel something I've never felt before. I've always known the real meaning of Christmas but this year I just think so much about Jesus being born to Mary and Joseph and what that really must have been like...how His birth should mean everything to us. I will never forget this Christmas! I am filled with so many emotions right now...I am overjoyed at the blessings in my life but I feel a sadness for our waiting child...I can't wait to have them here with us next year(hopefully)!

Being in Gatlinburg this weekend and having the story of Jesus told at the different places we went made the trip extra special...we live in such a crazy world these days and it makes you think if it could be like that everywhere...we would be a much happier world. How do people celebrate without knowing the true meaning?!