This Is Why!

"I tell you the truth, whatever you do for the least of these, you do for me." Matthew 25:40

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Moving Right Along!

Monday night we went to our Levi Circle meeting...this is the adoption ministry group at our church that we are a part of. It was awesome to be in Tyson and Renee's home and see how well they are doing with their new daughter Ren...they brought her home from China about a month ago. It's just so amazing to see how their journey turned out and to think that this time next year we will hopefully have our child home with us! At the meeting we talked about what a privilege it is that God allows us to be parents to these children...not that they are blessed to have us but that we are truly blessed that God put them in our lives. Kelly and I are learning so much through this journey and each day we are just so amazed at how God is working in our lives!

When we got home from the meeting that night I checked my email before going to bed and there was a message from the adoption agency we are using. There was a new update for Ethiopian adoptions....which I was a little nervous to read. Shortly after we started our adoption process they changed the required travel to two trips instead of one and also both parents had to travel. Well those of you who know me know I am terrified to fly and the thought of flying to Africa was something I just couldn't bring myself to feel comfortable with...especially leaving Iris and Asa both behind. Well the email said that they have now changed it to only one parent having to travel...I can't tell you how that made me feel. I know that I should trust in the Lord and know that He would get me to Africa and back safely...but I can't help but have this fear that just overwhelms me. I truly didn't know how I would ever make it over there...I'm not saying I won't go to Ethiopia but at least now I have a choice. Also, this helps with expense...we won't have to pay for the both of us to travel so that helps tremendously.

After getting that email Monday night I felt some sort of relief and then Tuesday in the mail we received our home study..which we have been waiting patiently on. Now we can file with immigration and start our dossier. Everything is just moving along...it seems more and more real! We are so excited!