This Is Why!

"I tell you the truth, whatever you do for the least of these, you do for me." Matthew 25:40

Thursday, June 16, 2011

For Better, For Worse...For Richer, For Poorer





Today Kelly and I celebrate our 10th Anniversary. By no means have we ever been rich...at least not financially...but our circumstances have changed quite a bit since the day we got married. When couples get married we say our vows and of course we feel like we truly will love that person no matter what...but do we really believe we are going to face some of the issues that end up arising in our marriages?? When I met Kelly he had his own business and his own home and was very stable financially. I never thought money would be an issue in our marriage. Over the past 2 or 3 years since the economy has gone downhill it has had a big effect on the way that we live. It has been a real struggle...but I can say that I wouldn't change a thing. I recently read about God putting boundaries in our lives and whether we like those boundaries or not they are for our own good. Where spending money before required little thought....now each dollar spent has to be put into careful consideration. We know where every penny comes from and we know how fragile money is. Our situation now has made me look at life in a whole new way...a better way. What use to be important to me is now unimportant. God put these boundaries in our lives for a reason and I truly feel like it has made our marriage and our family stronger.


I thought Kelly and I would be going on some great trip together for our 10th anniversary and really be celebrating in a big way...but that just didn't get to happen this year. In the past that might have bothered me but not now. Kelly made plans to have the kids stay with his mom and we just had a nice dinner together and spent time alone talking. Kelly reminded me that our vows did say "for richer for poorer" and he thanked me for hanging in there with him through these tough times. I love him more today than I ever have and I know that we can make it through any situation...as long as God stays at the center of our marriage. What Kelly has given me in this marriage emotionally far outweighs any material thing! I couldn't have asked for a better husband and I love the person that he is.


God may never entrust Kelly and I with millions of dollars and we may have lots of struggles to come and that's okay...I enjoy the journey that Kelly and I get to share together everyday...good and bad... and I just hope that God continues to draw us closer to Him....whatever we have to go through.


I feel so blessed to have Kelly as my husband!