This Is Why!

"I tell you the truth, whatever you do for the least of these, you do for me." Matthew 25:40

Sunday, April 24, 2011

Happy Easter!














































Hope everyone had a wonderful Easter! Not only is it fun to have the school parties and egg hunts but I am also very thankful for what this day truly stands for...without this day there would be no hope for any of us. I thank God that he sent his son to die for us so that we might spend eternity with Him...there is no greater gift!



I actually had something happen after church today that was a bit of a shock to me. We had to stop by the grocery store to get some last minute things for Easter lunch and while I was in line at the check out there was a nice, well dressed lady in front of me. I noticed her cart was full of food..which looked to me like she was going home to cook a big Easter lunch. She turned to me and said "I was wondering why everyone was so dressed up today...I just realized it's Easter." That really bothered me the rest of the day. I guess I just assume that everyone celebrates Easter. Even people who aren't Christians know by all the Easter candy in the stores, and kids having egg hunts. But it just really hurt me to think that here was this lady who Jesus had died for on the cross who didn't even acknowledge what He had done for her! I just wanted to cry. There are so many people in this world who don't celebrate Easter...or if they do it is for all the wrong reasons. That breaks my heart and I just think how much that must break God's heart!