This Is Why!

"I tell you the truth, whatever you do for the least of these, you do for me." Matthew 25:40

Saturday, February 12, 2011

Date Night

One of my favorite things to do is go on a date with Kelly. I love being a mom and being with my kids...but there is something about getting to spend that alone time with your spouse. We try to go out alone atleast twice a month and it makes a huge difference in our marriage. I'm not the type to want gifts...Kelly and I don't buy each other anything for Christmas, Valentines, etc...all I ever want is to go out to dinner together and spend time just talking and feeling like a couple. Kelly will occasionally send me an email or write me a note that tells me how he feels about me and that means more to me than anything he could ever buy me! I want Iris and Asa to see us caring enough about each other to go out on dates....it shows them that we enjoy each others company and that will help them to hopefully do that w/ their spouse when they are married. We have always made time to go on dates since the kids were born and I hope it's something we will always continue to do. If you haven't tried dating your spouse...give it a try...it's really a lot of fun...it helps remind you why you fell in love in the first place!